Antoine Griezmann will fit Barcelona like a ring on a finger, according to his former coach at Real Sociedad.
Griezmann finally completed his long-awaited move from Atletico Madrid to Camp Nou on Friday having seemed set to join Barca last year before opting to stay put.
Barca triggered the €120million release clause in his contract, although Atletico are demanding a further €80m as one of modern football s longest transfer sagas rumbles on.
Griezmann will line up for Barca next term, though, bolstering the attack of the LaLiga champions, who have also been linked with a deal for Paris Saint-Germain superstar Neymar.
It is unclear exactly how Griezmann slots into the plans of Barca boss Ernesto Valverde, who regularly paired Lionel Messi and Luis Su…
Chelsea may have sold David Luiz to rivals Arsenal ahead of this season, but Blues boss Frank Lampard says he will always respect the Brazil defender from his time at Stamford Bridge.
Centre-back David Luiz could come up against Chelsea for the first time since he left on Sunday when Lampard s men visit Emirates Stadium for Mikel Arteta s first home game in charge of the Gunners.
Arteta s predecessor Unai Emery brought David Luiz across London back in August, the 32-year-old sold just a month after Lampard took over at Chelsea.
The emergence of Fikayo Tomori – who won his first England cap last month – and Kurt Zouma s form has meant Chelsea do not appear to have not missed David Luiz, though his old team-mate Lampard was unwilling to make such declarations a…
AFC President Mohamed bin Hammam sees a rosy future for Asian clubs, believing they will one day be able to compete with their European counterparts.
His enthusiasm stems from a major revamp of the AFC Champions League which takes effect next year.
Asia s top club competition will be expanded from 28 to 32 teams but with stricter criteria for participation in an effort to raise standards.
And in a huge boost to the tournament, prize money will be massively increased to 14 million dollars, with the eventual winners taking home 1.5 million dollars plus bonuses from earlier rounds.
We have been working on it for three years. It was in the drafting stage until now, he said on the sidelines of the Asian Football Confederation s annual awards ceremony and …
Liverpool maintained their grip on first place on the Premier League table with a stunning 5-1 win against a toothless Newcastle United here at St James Park on Sunday.
Reds captain Steven Gerrard scored twice and had had it not been for Newcastle goalkeeper Shay Given, the hosts could have been on the wrong end of a double-figure disaster after being completely outclassed.
Republic of Ireland international Given made five world-class saves in 10 minutes to prevent Newcastle from total capitulation before the midway point of the first-half.
The Arsenal target began his run of jaw-dropping stops in the 10th minute as he pushed away a fierce near post strike from lone Liverpool forward Dirk Kuyt.
Within a minute England midfielder Gerrard weaved his wa…
Donald Glover Is Getting A Lot Of Money To Move To Amazon, New Project With Malia Obama In The Works
Actor Donald Glover is not staying at the Disney-owned FX. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Glover has left his deal with FX for a new one at Amazon that sees the actor, comedian, and rapper getting paid a fee in the range of eight-figures ($10 million+).
Glover’s brother, Stephen Glover, is also signing a deal with Amazon but the terms of this pact were not disclosed. Donald Glover’s new deal will see him creating a “content channel of sorts” featuring some of his previous work and “other curated content.”
The writing was on the wall for the deal, as Glover and Phoebe Waller-Bridge recently signed on for a new version of Mr. and Mrs. Smith for Amazon for 2022. Waller-Bridge already signed a rich deal with Amazon for $20 million per year. Come from Former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher said the club s defence has already improved from last season, though they will face their first big test against Arsenal next week. Liverpool have registered two wins from their opening two Premier League fixtures without conceding a goal after claiming a gritty 1-0 win at home to newly promoted Bournemouth on Monday. The club s Achilles heel has been their defence in recent years, having conceded 48 goals last season and 50 in 2013-14. Before that, the last time Liverpool shipped more than 45 goals was back in 1998-99 when they let in 49 under Roy Evans and Gerard Houllier. But Carragher ever reliable in the heart of Liverpool s defence between 1996 and 2013 believes the back four of Joe Gomez, Dejan Lovren, Martin Skrt…
Professional Footballers Association chief Gordon Taylor appeared to compare Ched Evans case to the Hillsborough tragedy on Thursday.
The 26-year-old Evans, a convicted rapist, saw his proposed move to Oldham collapse earlier in the day.
In a BBC radio interview, Taylor was asked about Evans insistence that he is innocent.
He wouldn’t be the first person or persons to have been found guilty and maintain their innocence and then been proven right,” he said in his reply.
“If we’re talking about things in football we know what happened, what was alleged to have happened, at Hillsborough and it’s now unravelling and we’re finding it was very different to how it was portrayed at the time, indeed by the police at the time.
Fresh inquests a…
According to Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham United have been offered the chance to sign Diego Costa. The former Chelsea striker is a free agent at the moment, having mutually terminated his contract with Spanish club Atletico Madrid in December 2020.
The report in the Italian publication has claimed that Costa’s agent, Jorge Mendes, has offered him to Premier League duo Tottenham and West Ham. However, it is not clear what the London clubs have responded to Mendes’s offer.
West Ham could do with a new striker. Sebastien Haller left for Ajax in the January transfer window, and manager David Moyes did not bring in a replacement. Tottenham striker Harry Kane is injured at the moment, and head coach Jose Mourinho could do with a replacement for the short term. Both Sp…
South Korea coach Shin Tae-yong and midfielder Lee Jae-sung have hailed Son Heung-min as the best Asian player in the world and know they will need him to be at his best if they are to overcome Mexico in Rostov-on-Don.
Shin s side made a losing start to their campaign in Group F of the World Cup, as they were beaten 1-0 by Sweden in Nizhny Novgorod.
Mexico, though, stunned holders Germany by the same scoreline in Moscow, leaving El Tri in a position of strength ahead of the clash at Rostov Arena.
Son struggled to impose himself in the opening game, but Shin is hopeful the Tottenham forward will fare better against Mexico, and agreed with the assessment of a journalist who suggested the former Bayer Leverkusen star should now be considered the Asian Football Con…
Best Odds: 7/10
Bookmaker:
Desperate to make a return to winning ways on Saturday night, Real Madrid will travel to the Estadio Benito Villamarín when they face off against Real Betis.
Real Betis
Starting with the hosts, while Real Betis might have thought they had a golden chance to pick up maximum points at the second attempt last weekend, Manuel Pellegrini s side once again missed a chance on home soil. Eventually having to come from behind and playing out a 1-1 draw against Cadiz at the Estadio Benito Villamarín, despite missing a string of chances, Los Verdiblancos know they should face another stern test on Saturday night. Having to settle for back-to-back stalemates after opening the 2021/22 La Liga campaign earlier in the month, the former West Ham bo…